The DMAIC model refers to five interconnected stages Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control, and is a rigorous and disciplined data-driven quality strategy. DMAIC is used to improve, optimise and stabilise business processes and designs. It shows, step by step, how problems should be addressed and groups quality tools while establishing a standardised routine to solve problems. DMAIC ensures the correct and effective process execution by implementing a structured method for solving problems.
- Define (define the problem, goal, scope and stakeholders)
- Measure (gather data to understand the current state, baseline)
- Analyse (analyse the problem to the root cause)
- Improve (establish plan and expected results, implement the plan, verify results)
- Control (implement control measures to help sustain the benefits)
Download our DMAIC Project Management template below.