Lean Metrics and Scoreboarding
Lean Metrics are a standard set of measures that monitor the performance of processes through visual management techniques and engage employees in the process. The targets are developed specifically for each company. Although measuring different specific measures, they always focus on Lean objectives – Quality, Cost (Productivity), Delivery (People and Process performance) Safety & Culture.
A standard set of measures helps your teams to strive for targets and smart goals, boosts output and product / service quality and allows the management team to easily manage processes at a glance. Once developed, Lean Metrics can be implemented company-wide using a standardised approach and engages employees to understand and work towards company targets.
Lean Metrics and Scoreboarding provide:
- Team understanding of critical success measures in the business
- Standard KPI’s organization-wide
- Ability to benchmark performance between business units and organisations
- Real time information that informs quality improvement initiatives
- Employee Engagement – all employees work towards the ‘Big Picture’
The process steps to developing Lean Metrics:
- Existing performance measures are analysed
- Standards are developed to company requirements
- Metrics are rolled out to all team members through training and practical examples
- Lean Metrics are displayed visually ensuring common goals across the business
Benefits of Vative’s Lean Metrics:
- Measure Quality performance of processes
- Measure Cost and Productivity performance of processes
- Measure Delivery and Delivered in Full on Time (DIFOT) performance of processes
- Measure Downtime and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) performance of processes
- Measure Absenteeism/Morale and Employee engagement
- Measure Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
Contact us to find out how we can implement Lean Metrics and Scoreboarding to help you achieve your business improvement goals.