Improve Workplace efficiency using Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke)
Poka-Yoke is the Japanese term for Mistake Proofing. Mistake proofing ensures that any chance of error is eliminated by way of process or product/service design.
Mistake proofed processes can improve workplace efficiency by eliminating costly investments by detecting potential quality problems and eliminating the chance of error. This not only provides quality assurance that business processes are error free but saves time and costly effort with work that must be re-done or fixed.
The ultimate goal of Mistake Proofing is to design a system/operation in such a way, that it cannot be performed incorrectly (see image below).
Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke) techniques involves the team to:
- Identify potential quality risks and root cause issues in processes
- Implement systems that will reduce costly quality errors and re-work
- Develop a clear understanding of the optimum way to complete tasks
- Make processes more transparent
- Reduce processing effort
- Improve quality management
- Eliminate quality risk and band-aid solutions
Benefits of Vative’s Mistake Proofing techniques:
- Best used for repetitive processes only
- Best results achieved when linked into product / service design
- Provides workplace efficiencies by elimination of root cause issues
- Drives towards a zero defect management strategy
Download our Free PDF to learn more about Lean Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke). Contact us to find out how Vative can help you implement Lean Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke) to help you achieve your business improvement goals.